Sunday 5 August 2012

Really I Have Been Busy

I got Pan Pastels about a month ago and did an online class by Nathalie Kalbach (Nathalie's Studio). I have been having a lot of fun experimenting with them.


Used two layers of Pan Pastels, masking liquid, and acrylic paint.


On this page I added  a layer of pan pastels which I blended then using a Julie Fei-FAn Balzer Crafters Workshop Stencil Peek-a-Boo added Golden Regular Gel Medium. I let it dry.


After the gel medium dried I then added a darker colours of  pan pastels over the medium and the first layer of pan pastels and blended.

 Where I put the gel medium the first colours of pastels show through. I like it.


On this page I blended two different colours of pan pastels then using another Julie Fei-Fan Balzer stencil called Wedding Ring and added Clear Tar Gel.


After the Clear Tar Gel dried I added a darker colour and gel resisted the dark colour similar to the regular gel medium. I like this also.

If you ever get a chance should give them a try they are fun.

You can purchase Pan Pastels at Urchin Art Materials and Papery which is located on Water Street, St. John's

Have Fun
Marg





No comments:

Post a Comment