Saturday 1 September 2012

Started New Faux Leather Journals

I am trying a new technique to my faux leather journals. I have used Crafters Workshop Stencils and so far I am liking them. I used this technique on 8 journals which will be 6.75 by 7 inches when completed.


I have painted and stenciled with Liquitex Basic Paints. After they dried I stitched them on the sewing machine and applied Tim Holtz Distress inks over the whole journal. In some areas I wipe and in others I just left it the way it was. This gives the journals a bit of dimension. So my next steps will be waxing, adding the paper and the final step will be adding a clasp of some kind.............. not sure what kind.............. might change this also. Hope to finish them all by next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment