Tuesday 16 October 2012

On Our Way to Virginia Beach

I know I am still a few days behind so here is:
Oct 14

We left the  hotel at 5:30am and had a 7:55 flight to Chicago which was about 1 hour .........................................

Departure lounge at Pearson Airport for US flights

 Then we had an hour wait in Chicago ............ a 2 hour flight to Norfolk Virginia ................Then a taxi  drive and 30 minutes later we were in Virginia Beach at 1:00pm.

Our hotel is on the beachfront and we got a real nice room..........................................

As you enter


Do you think we need an extra pillow?


Tis is the view from our Juliet balcony. Notice the boardwalk.

The temperature was 27 degrees so we had lunch outside...........................  

This was our view as we ate.


Gary had a meeting so I went for a walk and as I step outside the hotel  and onto the boardwalk I met this guy.....................

Neptune

I stood on the boardwalk and looked left.................................................

This is what I saw

Then I looked right...........................................
All hotels as far as the eye could see

 I decided to go for a walk and I saw .......................................
A place where you can go horseback riding..........I don't think so

And people just enjoying the beach

Later that evening after we had a light supper Gary and I investigated the hotel and we went to the rooftop and found this gem..........................................................

A pool, a jacuzzi, lots of places to sit and a bar.

So Gary an I sat on the rooftop and drank Mojitos and relaxed. It was a wonderful end to a long day of flying and moving into the hotel.

I am enjoying the slower pace. With the warm weather I fine it tends to make you slow down.

Take Care
Marg



No comments:

Post a Comment