Tuesday 22 January 2013

Another Season Canvas

When I attended classes at Bizzy B Stamp & Scrap this past fall I did a class with Nathalie Kalbach called Season Canvas.
I did Winter


I enjoyed this so much I decided to do all the seasons.

So I did Summer. I found a canvas which I had started and didn't like so I did what any mixed media artist would do ............................. I gesso over it.

This gave some texture to the canvas
As you can see.

So I looked around my house trying to find anything I could to get to add texture. I found....................... Golden Crackle Paste, Glass Bead Gel, lace, cut up Styrofoam, pencil shavings, gauze, ribbon and even the clothes from washing my face. Anything was game for me. I used Liquitex light modeling paste too adhere all these textures.



For the stem of the flowers I used a napkin but I really didn't like this................the flowers looked like they were sideways.(this will have to be changed) 

I coloured the canvas using Golden heavy body and fluid acrylics.

I finished adding Claudine Hellmuth's foam stamp an upside down tree as a stem and roots. Added the word summer and the canvas was finished.

I so enjoyed doing this canvas from beginning to the end. Looking for "stuff" to put on it to create texture was so much fun! I am now saving all kinds of interesting stuff to put on my next canvas.

Why not look around your home and see what you can find to put on your next mixed media canvas you may just surprise yourself!

Take Care
Marg






1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this- Awesome texture and the flower heads are so cool!!!! Thank you so much for sharing- I can't wait to see the other seasons now :)

    ReplyDelete