Wednesday 23 January 2013

Products I Like

Embossing Enamel


This not a real a new product but just used in a different way.


 In November when I was at Bizzy B Stamp & Scrap doing a class with Nathalie Kalbach called "Be Awesome Be A Book Nut" she showed us a new way to use embossing powders so we could make our own embellishments. I decided to use embossing enamel instead. One of the girls there was using it so I decided to give it a try.

These are the 4 Stampendous Embossing Enamels I bought (I always put my embossing and glitter into containers)...............................



I love the way the colours are mixed.

To make the embellishments I used double sided  1/4' Scor-Tape and 1/2" red tape (unsure of the name got it at The Paperie). I also used Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares in small and large size.

By sticking the tape and foam squares on a Ranger's Craft Mat you can easily melt the enamel. When using heat gun on the foam be careful not to leave it on too long.............. could melt the foam. The tape and foam come off the mat easily and are sticky.

I like the texture of the enamel it is irregular on the edges.


Love the colour mixture!

I added these to my Altered Book I did in Nat's class and really liked the feel they gave to my book...................






I have more made to add to it.

You can use the enamel like embossing powder................................

 it has more texture. 

Give it a try and make your own embellishments it is fun and the Embossing Enamel really gives a great effect. Play around and have fun!

Next Wednesday (if all goes well) I will talk about Fiber Paste.

Take Care
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment