Monday 25 February 2013

Bust-Your-Stash/Use-it-Or-Lose-It Blog Hop

My friend Cathie asked me to be apart of her Bust-Your Stash/Used-it-Or-Lose-It Bog Hop. So here I am my very fist blog hop.

I do not do a lot of layouts but I do canvases.

I did a canvas class in 2009 instructed by Sara at The Paperie. I really loved doing this class and the canvas I made was for Michelle .........................


I like this canvas because you can change the picture easily. The picture is held in place with a covered clothes pin.

I wanted to go home right away and do a canvas for each of my boys. So I bought the canvases and painted them .............................




I bought some Paper...........................



Crate, Adornit and Sassfrass paper and this is a far as I got.

So I dug around and found all the 'stuff' to finish the canvases.

Chris canvas ..........................................



I used the Crate and Adornit paper for Chris's Canvas. I cut the paper in strips and layered them on the canvas using Golden Regular Gel Medium. I then covered all the paper in gel medium tinted with burnt sienna paint. I also distressed some of the paper using Ranger's Distress Inks.

Added a picture ............................



The picture really pops against the distressed canvas.

Matt's Canvas .....................................................


I used the Sassafrass Monster for this canvas. I distressed the paper with the distress inks attached them with the reg gel medium. I added  the monster with pop dots and then misted the whole canvas with Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mist bought at The Paperie

Added a picture............................

This canvas is similar to the way I did Michelle's but by distressing the paper with ink and misting it I updated it to 2013!

I am so happy with these canvases. I love that I can change the photos anytime with no trouble.

If you want to see more Bust-Your Stash/Used-it-Or-Lose-It Bog Hop check out these blogs:

Sara Case-Strickland (http://sarathings.com/)

Why not dig around in your stash and find something you wanted to do and do it!!!

Take Care
Marg

17 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a blast from the past! :) Love the new canvases and how you updated them - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoyed that class and was wanting to do the other canvases.

      Delete
  2. Awesome canvases marg!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a way to put up some photos...I think I will give this a try!

    I like that I could make a layout and change to the actual picture as wanted! I think I want seasonal canvases to showcase a special event that goes along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this class? love these canvases! thanks for hopping along, Marg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in 2009 . I had fun and it made me do something out of my comfort zone. Thanks for asking

      Delete
  5. They are wonderful canvases Marg... I especially like the cute way those legs hang down from under the photo, intentional or not it so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wasn't intentional but a happy surprise

      Delete
  6. Love them Marg! I especially like that you can change out you photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You didn't do this class? You would have liked it not that messy!

      Delete
  7. Great idea! Those look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! Love how you can change the pictures easily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy these canvases!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you finish your project!! Hope I get going on that as well.. ha!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It only took me about 4 years but so glad I finished1

    ReplyDelete