Friday 22 February 2013

Product Wednesday on Thursday or Friday

A lot of things went bad for me yesterday so I never got the chance to show a product. So here is the product today. Acrylic Ink............................


Acrylic Inks are very fluid. They contain super-fine pigments which are suspended in an emulsion. 

 Like all acrylics the inks are quick-drying, permanent, and water-resistant when dried.

The Inks can be mixed with water to give a watercolour effect and still remain vibrant in colour.

I used 3 different brands of acrylic inks FW Acrylic InksLiquitex Acrylic Inks and Tri Art Acrylic Inks. The Liquitex and FW are very liquid but the Tri Art is thick. 

Here I put drops of the ink on a page ..............................




I lift the page and all but the Tri Art ink ran down the page.

I then added some water .............................

the ink flowed down the page a lot more ....... even the Tri Art.

As you can see the colours remain very vibrant.

I let the ink sit for a few seconds and the absorbed the excess ink with a paper towel................


the colours are still vibrant. 

Love how the colours bring out the texture in the gesso.

I mixed the inks with equal amounts of water and put them in Ranger Mini Misters.



They give a real nice mist........


even  mixed with water the vibrancy of the colours is great.

I added the water ink mixture to a watercolour brush and also used a nib pen with full strength ink ................



These can be used for writing and colouring. 



You can also paint with the ink..................


This picture was completely painted with Tri Art Acrylic Inks. They are very thick and it is very easy to paint with a brush.

You can also add colour to mixed media products ...................



I coloured the tea leaves (which were mixed with gel medium) with ink.

Acrylics Inks are great to use and  I have shown you just a few I have tried. To find out more about the uses of Acrylic Inks go to Nathalie Kalbach Arylic Ink online class.

Maybe you can give them a try and have fun.

Take Care
Marg

No comments:

Post a Comment